Sunday, May 30, 2010

Stinks

There are perks of working at a library, and then there are the stinks of working at a library. (Literally.) We will call his name Mr. Gross, when he comes in to the ref desk, I dread it. Since I'm the only IT support all patrons come crying to me when they get viruses in our computers. (EXCUSE ME!!! WHERE DO YOU KEEP GOING TO GET THEM!!!)

Let's just say with Mr. Gross even when he leaves the desk, his smell still lingers long after. Believe me you can smell him coming in the door. I understand he works late, but a shower before coming would be very nice for me. Once, not long ago, one of my more... rambunctious assistants told this guy he needed some hand sanitizer. (It's mandatory for every patron who comes in to use it.)

He said: $*#( no.

Rambunctious Assistant: Well sorry sir, we can't let you use the computer without using it, and please keep your language down.

(Both mandatory.)

Mr. Gross: #(&*&%$ you!

(I'm hearing this from my desk mind you across the library. and believe me, he didn't go lightly on the language either.)

Rambunctious Assistant: Same to you! Now get out!!!

So my assistant has no fear, let me tell you, but I ended up having to deal with him the next day. He's scary, and stinky as the same time. HELP ME!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment