Friday, October 22, 2010

Duck, Duck, Goose

So today was an exceptionally interesting one. One of my many joys of the day is taking a stroll through the stacks. (It's more to get away from the director and assistants then anything.) It takes a good thirty minutes to walk around and make sure my assistants are doing there job (with a glazed look in their eyes).

As I'm walking past the young adult section of our library, suddenly a book goes flying by my nose. It was a close call and all I could do was stand there stunned. Backing up a step, I'm thinking, "Holy Guacamole, what in the world?!?!"

Looking over, I notice the book is one of our most popular in the teen sections, Fang by James Patterson which had taken a slide under one of the study desks in the section. Slowly I turn the corner and see a girl pacing back and forth muttering.

I made sure to have the book in hand in case there were anymore flying books that might come. Coming up to her, she yells, "I can't believe Fang did that!!!"

Not being as savee about YA fiction (Young Adult), I asked her what was up and why she had thrown the book. She looks up at me and blushes with embarrassment, grabs the book and slinks away before answering my question. That is one of the most interesting experience I have yet had at the library.

I now dub the girl , 'Book Thrower'. Let's just see how many books she throws at my assistants.
*evil grin*

You got to love Librarian-Hood...

No comments:

Post a Comment