Tuesday, March 1, 2011

R.A. stricks again!

Rambunctious Assistant is at it again. I tell you this woman is something else!!! Today, I was having to work the front desk because of the wonderful fact that... we have too few workers.

So like every time I'm up there, I find myself making chain link with paper clips or randomly shooting rubber bands at unsuspecting adults (parents included) and thus looking over at the kids with a frown. Anyhoo... today I happened to be playing house of cards with our new library cards, fancy little boogers where you have your picture taken and stuff. Yeah, I don't want to go into the wonderful programming details. When suddenly this patron comes up, a woman around her forties, I believe. She was something else, prada bag, gucci pants, you know the rich ones, and she looked upset. R.A. is always really good at getting angry patrons to shut up better then me, so I let her have the floor.

The rich lady says, "You need to clean your bathroom."

R.A.: "Really? Why's that?"

R.L.: "There are three dead crickets in there!" Rich Lady proceeds to emphasis three with three fingers to R.A.'s face.

Okay, over the last three months we've been having this problem with a whole horde of crickets trying to take over the library, don't ask me way. They just showed up one day and we haven't been able to get rid of them. Go figure. Now right about then I'm thinking, 'Dear Lord, don't let R.A. say something stupid.'

R.A. looks shocked, puts her hand over her chest and exclaims, "Only three!!! Well all be. I'm sorry but there is a strict policy on cleaning the bathrooms. There have to be at least six crickets in order for us to sweep."

R.A. looked so serene and I was desperately trying to keep from laughing my guts out when R.L. says, "Well, I didn't check the other stalls, I'll be right back."

The minute she was out of sight R.A. and I looked at each other and busted out laughing. There is nothing more satisfying then pleasing a patron.

You got to love Librarian-Hood.

No comments:

Post a Comment