Saturday, July 17, 2010

The Break Room...

Now an interesting fact for all you patrons is, that just like any other working class group there is usually a break room in a library. That's right, it's behind the scenes and away from your eyes. The break room is another one of those blessed rooms where librarians can have a breather.

Our break room consists of two small round tables, seven chairs, a couch, and a small kitchenette, with fridge. This is where most of us spend our lunches because, face it, the mattress in the attic calls too often during break times. But the fact is the lunch room is one of the most fun places to eat, because that is where all the pranks and hilarious pictures are taken.

*For example, last years book party led to one of our librarians getting doused with pink punch on her white suit. Someone was fortunate to get a great photo of it (and her horrified expression.^_~). Then there are the book shifter room funny pictures. One of which we call the galotine. (I'll explain that later.) *

But then there is the fridge of this room. The bad thing about it is the forgotten foods of all our librarians. Like the S.R.P. pizza that has been in there for... well... I don't know how long, and then there is our directors cakes that seem to always find their way into the back of the fridge (did I mention their growing fur?). For myself, I keep away from the fridge, and every now and again have to take a picture of it to post of the 'Wall of Weirdness'. (As we call it.) Every now and again I put it at the information desk. (just to be a bit evil) Sometimes I embarrass them into cleaning out the fridge. (Don't ask me to do it, it's radioactive material to me.)

So for all our craziness and enjoyment of pranks, the break room is one of our favorites. I'll talk about some of  those pranks on another day...*evil grin*

You got to love Librarian-Hood...

No comments:

Post a Comment