Friday, July 16, 2010

One question...

Well today has been a strange day. Because of a lot of recent sickness as out library, I find myself at the front desk. (One of the most dread seats in the library. *to me*) So it turns out that being a reference librarian does have it's perks, but at the same time the most idiotic questions are asked, and I just can't help sharing them.

1.) Where's the bathroom?
2.) Do you know where that yellow book is?
3.) Have you seen a kid with a bike around here?
4.) Where's the computer lab?
5.) *my all time favorite* how do you check out a book?

I can't help wanting to laugh at these. Now to most patrons they seem like legit questions, but to us librarians we want to laugh. Half of these questions can be answered by looking at the signs, the other half are just plain weird.

Now I understand why I chose to work the reference desk, you get to sleep, read, and get your assistants to do the work for you. (I miss Mr. Clean and his temper!) So till I can figure out a way to get away from this forever morbid desk, I'll be dying to over exposure.

You got to love Librarian-Hood...

No comments:

Post a Comment