Thursday, July 15, 2010

Sound Smart

Alright, it's time to stop talking about the craziness of the library and look at a little something more interesting. (I can be smart, when I want to.) One of my friends that has taken the time to look at my blog has asked I talk about the libraries and at least talk a bit about my job. (Why?)

So okay, let's talk something smart, how about the fact that across the U.S.of A. libraries are being closed because of budget cuts in the government. If you don't believe me, just click it HERE. In just Boston area alone four libraries will be shut down within nine months.This is something that is becoming more and more prevalent in the US, if not the world.

Most people don't realize how important libraries are in the grand scheme of things. In just our library alone there has been a 20% growth in circulation, and about a 30% rise in patron count. If that isn't saying something then THIS should. (I got to say, I have a lot a questions asked to me in a day. I feel like I'm working the front desk sometimes.)

So think about it, help the library out some, volunteer a bit, give us some donations, who knows that little penny could mean keeping our doors open or not. (Not to mention allow me to continue sleeping at work.)

Like one of my favored peep's said: 'Without libraries, there can be no form of government.'

You got to love Librarian-Hood...

No comments:

Post a Comment