Saturday, June 5, 2010

1 assistant, 2 assistant, 3 assistant, more!

Today while I was working, our Director wanted a count of all the assistant librarians, library assistants, and pages in our library. Because... cough... no other librarian wanted to do that and I wasn't (totally) present at the Monday morning staff meeting, I was voted to do the job. (I'm known for sleeping through them at the far corner of the long table.) Its a long rigorous job. So without further ado, I set to counting everyone that was supposed to be working.

1, 2, 3, 4,.... Turning around, I ask my Rambunctious Assistant, "Where's Ms. Nervous?"

"Don't know, check the stacks."

Seeing at the library is pretty big, I went about a treasure hunt for Ms. Nervous. (I'll give you an answer to why I call her that later.) So after a monumental search of the library, and asking of assistants and never ending stream of volunteers, it was discovered one of the assistants was missing from work and had been for a couple of days.

Now librarians being the introverts we are sometimes, I had no intention of calling to see if the dudette was okay. (I have a tendency to read and watch too many murder mysteries.) After having a rather long.... clearing throat... heated discussion we all drew straws and Whiner Page got the job. It was discovered...

TO BE CONTINUED....

No comments:

Post a Comment