Sunday, June 13, 2010

HIDE!!!

Alright, as a reference librarian I have a tendency to run away from approaching board members. Call it instinct, but I know the moment they come in through the front doors of the library. Okay, maybe I can smell them coming because of their over excessive use of expensive colognes, but you get the drift.

So what does the reference librarian have to be afraid of?... MY LIFE!!! I'm deathly afraid of people with power, so what do I do when they come in through the front door? I go into 'ghost mode' and disappear into the stacks. What happens when the director starts looking for me because the board members want to see me?

Even more so I hide. Call me chicken, I know, but I can't help it. People with power are S.C.A.R.Y... So what was the reason for the board members visit? Well after spending most of the day hidden and finally feeling the heavy presence of the board members gone, I head back to work. Director mad, me... don't care.

Director: "Didn't you know I was looking for you?"

Me: "Yup."

Stunned Director: "Then why didn't you come say hi to the board member?"

Me: "Can't. I'm allergic to them."

Director giving me a weird look: "Anyway, they wanted to say well done."

Praise from a board member... never a good thing...


You got to love Librarian-Hood...

No comments:

Post a Comment